We support the Marion Fire District in Flathead County, Montana. We hope to prevent loss of life and property by ensuring our community’s first responders have the gear, training, and equipment to do their jobs safely and effectively. We also support Marion Fire District’s efforts to retain and recruit volunteer first responders.
MFA provides grants to the Marion Fire District to address needs that its taxpayer-funded budget cannot cover. The grants are funded by public contributions, rental income generated by management of the Marion Community Center (which is attached to Marion’s main fire station), and special events, such as our annual auction and flea markets.
The following are highlights of purchases made and doesn’t include every Auxiliary grant:
- NEW / 2018! A building sized fire operations training prop
- NEW / 2018! Thermal imaging camera & multi-gas detector
- Compressor fill station for self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) tanks
- Fire engines and an ambulance
- Jaws of Life and other rescue equipment
- Stair-chair lift and powered patient transport cot for ambulance
- Firefighter turnouts and boots
- Lighted traffic control signs
MFA ensures district volunteers during their missions and long training events get fed.
Recruitment and Retention of Volunteers
MFA hosts frequent community events to encourage community members to volunteer to serve on the Marion Fire Department, and to demonstrate to current volunteers how much the community appreciates their sacrifices.